Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shut it!


Yes I spent 7 years in college, yes that's how long most Dr.s go to school, no I am not a Dr., nor do I pretend to know how to be one. So I find it funny when mr. pre med cheese dong tries to educate me in my line of business.

For those of you that dont know, Logan has been getting pretty beaten up with water lately. The mixture of snow, and rain has resulted in probably 200+ floods in the valley. We have had crews going non stop since it began, and with this I have taken on the task of training one of the guys at work to monitor and explain why we do what we do.

So here we are in a house, and I start explaining to my co-worker why we position equipment the way we do, and how it creates air pressure.

Enter pre med douche bag. "Well I thought fans decrease air pressure."

I looked at him in a puzzled look and said, 'behind the fans yes, but not in front.'

He piped back at me with "Thats what I was taught in Physics" in his la tee da voice.

OK, ass wipe, just because I look the way I do and have the job I do, doesn't mean Im not educated. (remember seven years of college= five degrees with two minors)

I looked at him and started moving the fans for illustration "If I have the air mover back here I have increased the distance thus decreasing the air pressure on the surface I want to dry. So by decreasing the distance, and adjusting the angle, I increase air pressure, also increasing capillary action in a permeable material such as the drywall." How do you like them apples?

Dont be so quick to judge. I choose to do what I do, not because I have to, but because I want to. People, lose the holier than thou attitude, just because you are going to school or have went to school doesn't mean you're smart. The smartest people I know didn't go to college.

Speaking of intelligence, remember this?
I love this movie

2 comments:

Coonboy said...

Thats a better part of a decade... bwhahahaha!! carry the 2.... yes!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow you sounded pretty smart to me. And I don't judge anyone for how longs it takes them to get through college.....you've got the degrees to show for it......I have 1 and it took me 5 years....hehehe