Monday, October 15, 2012

its life, deal with it.

Crazy amounts of stuff going on in my head lately.  Yesterday we were able to watch history be made by Felix B and the Redbull team as he sky dived from 127000 feet, become the first human to break the speed of sound and to jump from the edge of space.  I have been following this for about three years now and was super excited to wake up early on tuesday to watch it, but then it be aborted for a hopeful sunday launch.  Man was that exciting!  We cheered as he landed, and the grom just wanted more.  Kind of sad to think though that she might not get to experience milestones like that because of the killed NASA program.  But hell, who needs NASA when you have Redbull.

It was also a day of sadness in the BMX world, as 2008 USA BMX Olympian Kyle Bennett passed away in a car crash.  Even though I have only met Kyle in passing at races, it pained me to know that so many of my friends across the country were in pain.  BMX aside, he was a father, and a great person, and one that was taken way too early. Rest in peace #KB88

Racing is going good lately.  Back in the end of the season, and have some fun races coming up.  Went to Canada where they eat toddler portions for meals, and did some racing.  I like it up there, and some of the most excellent competitors/friends are up there. 

The gromtastic one is growing like a weed and has truly become my little sidekick.  She has been on her bike everyday since her race, and everyday I get home from work, while the weather is good, she gets me out into the garage.  She is very good about getting her helmet on, and making sure I put mine on.  This weekend I decided that I wanted to do something different, and brought home a bouncy slide, the thing was so big and it weighs about 350 pounds, so my weak wife didnt even bother help me move it. pssshhhhh, weak sauce.  The grom had so much fun, and seeing her smile constantly warms the void in my chest where my heart should be.  I love being a dad.

We did some family photos a couple weeks back, and I like them.  If I were allowed to grow out my beard, I would have the ultimate lumber jack style.


 Fall is in full swing in the valley of Cache, and days of walking outside will soon come to an end.  We took advantage of an awesome day, and the quietness of a sunday in Logan to hit campus.  This is one of our most favorite things to do.  The grom says hello to any body that walks by and they cant help but smile and say hello back.  I dont think she will have any problems making friends. 


 Enjoy Life peeps.  Its not as bad as you let yourself think it is.




No comments: