Sunday, September 12, 2010

State Champion and a sunburn

(I dont need no stinking trophy!)

Taking two months off of your bicycle and then deciding that it would be a good idea to race one of the most important races in the state is sort of a bad idea. This could be considered reckless for a few reasons: money, health, emotional well being, and it would require me not to be a lazy bum on saturdays. Me being a bum on a saturday is the thing that I do best so this was hard for me.None the less I decided to take last friday off from work to put the bike in the stand and clean it for the first time in two months, this was pretty much the first time I even touched this bike since the national in july. I mean I rode it once, but I use the term "rode" loosely. Any how I had to ride down to wifesters work to pick up turbo, and being back on that bike was awesome, so I then got excited for what the weekend might hold.

(rarely do I race without goggles, but under the lights is gnarly, friday night main event)

Friday night we raced under the lights. The temperature was crisp, and I ended up with seven riders in the gate. I enoy a larger group of people, but everyone I was racing that night was super quick. No worries, I was there to have fun, just so happens when I have fun I win.
Chalk up a "W" for friday night under the lights, ha, friday night lights, ok ok that was lame.

(bb.com, myself, and KP take the first jump)

(me and KP, I guess you could say we have different styles. BBcom went down in the first corner)

Any hooser, Saturday I woke up from what you could call a restless night of turning and kicking in anticipation to do work at the BMX track. I was trailing by one point in the state standings so I had to win out right this day to be crowned state champion. I had to race a couple of ultra fast guys and it turned out that with having a complete blast riding my bike, in turn with the best support crew ever, I didn't lose a lap , and won the state championship race, and title. It was a super fun time, thanks to everyone for their support and awesome encouragement, even though it cost everyone a sunburn. Its much appreciated. I love the Utah BMX the entire scene is a class act!
(me on top of the podium with the loot and the rest of the 28-35 top 10 men)