Thursday, April 8, 2010

ME vs. the DMV

There is something so unsatisfying about going to the DMV. I cant really put my finger on it, whether it be the re-freaking-diculous long lines, or the generally over weight, angry at the world for over paying them, woman on the other side of the counter that just wants to get back to her diet coke and facebook. Or maybe its my inability to have the correct forms every time I go to get something taken care of, whatever it is, I have decided that I hate it, so much in fact that I am boycotting the DMV until the next time I have to go there.

For normal people, who may only have a car or two, your experiences generally last about fifteen minutes (actual communication time with somewhat of a human), but mine is a bit more frequent. I am blessed with overseeing a fleet of vehicles that all need somewhat of attention for wrong names on titles, vehicles being sold, or just some license plate that needs to be changed over. Now you may be thinking that here I am just bitching about doing my job and I should just be happy that I have a job, well I am very happy to have a job, but the people at the DMV seem to be oh so put out that they have to do their actual job.

First, when I come in and talk to the supervisor and she hands me the paperwork I need to do what I have to, I expect that to be it, but it seems like I make numerous trips back to get the correct paperwork, only to made out to feel like an idiot when I dont.

second, I understand that you are busy counting your calories on jennycraig.com, but really do that shit at home and get me on my marry freakin way.(jenny craig doesnt make her money from people succeeding on her diet and then moving on, Im just saying)

Third, there are eight windows available for personal to work from, but every time I go in there, why, there isnt any more than 2 people working. Many people could use jobs you know.

UGH, If I have to stand in front of some ignorant red neck and listen to him complain about standing in line so he can register his tractor, I think I might A)puke, and B) punch him.

Sorry for the rant, wait no Im not.

1 comment:

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

THanks for making me laugh! I just pictured waiting in line behind you at the DMV and going..."What is with this guy?" haha JK I agree. Nothing ruins my day more than having to go to the DMV!