Monday, August 11, 2014

Bangarang

I will get around to recapping my trip to The Netherlands, but for now I want to pay a little homage to a man that lost his battle with depression today.  Robin Williams.  My heart goes out to him and the struggles that he and his family have endured through his fight.  This is a tough subject for me as this disease has hit close to me a few times.

The news hit earlier and it bummed me out briefly.  Then I really started thinking about it.  See growing up in the town of 1200, some of my best friends were the movies that we could rent at Single Stop or the movies that my parents would buy us.  We occasionally would watch movies at my grandma Geri's house as well.  She was quite the movie buff, and Im pretty sure that is another thing I got form her.  Most movies would get watched over and over, and sitting there today thinking about it, I realized that some of the most watched movies had Robin Williams in them.  Hook is one that comes ringing back like a flash.  I didn't realize it at the time, but one of the principles that I live by is what that movie is about.  Retain the spirit of youth.  Man, its so good, so many good moments in that movie.

"Bangarang!"
"It is you Peter!"
"Bad Form"

Another all time class would of course be Dead Poets society.  Thats entirely too much for this situation though, at least for me.  But "Oh Captian my capitan."

A clip from the classic, and one that screams truth on many levels.

Good will Hunting, damn, so many classics.  This guy was a stud.  The cool thing that I was telling the wifester about tonight is that he brought so much joy and entertainment to my childhood, and some of the animated characters that he has done voiceovers for, he also brings joy to my daughters life.  Thank you RW, for the awesome memories.  I hope you can rest easy.

No comments: