Sunday, July 13, 2014

Home

Logan.  The place where I consider home more than any other place.  I seriously love Logan.  We were so lucky to have lived there for the amount of time that we did.  So many awesome things happened to our family  when we lived there, I met the wifester there, we had the first grom there, and have meat and made so many awesome friends there.
Last weekend when I was in Pittsburg my good friend Nate sent me a text just to see how I was doing.  It got me thinking that we for sure needed to go up there.  I wrote the wife and we booked a room and made plans to spend the weekend up there.
The minute we pulled into the valley my heart got a little heavy.  I miss it there.  The simplicity of life.  The friends.  The view.  The sunsets.  Everything.  We stopped by our neighbors house, we miss them so much.  They were absolutely the best neighbors ever.  So awesome, that I just automatically hate our current neighbors.  They have no chance.  I then went to the tat shop to see Nate and the boys, while the wifester and grom walked around the sidewalk sale.   We got a room at the Hampton and went and did a little swimming, the lil one starts swim lessons tomorrow, so swimming should go a bit smoother from here on out.  She loves the water though.  After I walked over to Village Inn and grabbed us some pie.  Eh, whatever.  Walking back I was astonished at the amazing sunset.  It just seems like I don't get to appreciate them as much nowadays as we did when we lived there.
Woke up early and walked over to Starbucks for my Americano.  The air had a crisp feel to it.  I love the air up there when it is clean.  Even in the dead of summer, the air had a coolness that you only feel in the Fall down south.  We hit up Campus for a walk and it was perfect.  Not one other person on campus, it was all ours for the hour that we were there.  One little moment sticks out in my head as I sit and type this.  In front of the new library there are amazing flower patches. and the grom stopped riding her bike, sat it down and went over to pick the flowers.  It just makes me think that we need to take more time to appreciate the small things.  We can learn so much form kids. Love her.

I so very much appreciated my weekend with the girls.







No comments: