Friday, March 12, 2010

Sums it up pretty good

City on Down by O.A.R.

Well, in the end, my friend, we will all be
together again Clutching onto my hand, in a
valley we'll stand, just living again And in a
while we'll smile, march on another mile On
hallowed hills, attached to the land we'll be
still No one's ever gonna say a thing And we'll
be together, together again Taking off to the
city on down Just a while ago my soul was
confused, amused at what it did not know Days
went by, and amusement cried, I decide to let My
soul fly on by itself , pick happiness up and
bring it back to the shelf We'll be okay one day,
in this valley we'll stay No more moving on I knew
it was right here all along Won't have to hold
your crown, no more looking around Just holding
you tight in the city on down Just a while ago my
soul was confused, amused at what it did not know
But days went by and amusement cried I decide
it's time, I got to move on now But I was so
scared I was frightened, somewhat enlightened So
I changed shoes Now I walk through a valley of
color much better than the other Way I did not
know, but now we can be united Miracle, miracle
sighted, and I'm pulling it in I know by now we
can all walk together at a regular speed Do you
dare to be excited , are you aware somewhat
delighted? Are you aware somewhat delighted? At
what you did not know Let's take it to the city
on down

2 comments:

devin said...

Love you babe! I wish you didn't have to see so many friends go way too soon.

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Love and Hugs from us!!!