Saturday, August 22, 2009

If I ever leave this world behind...........


"Hello my name is Jonas and I am addicted to life and coffee."
There I said it.    As I sit and write this, Devin is outside enjoying some sun, jib is on the porch catchin some shade, and life is great.  Tomorrow The Devster and myself celebrate our 3 year anniversary, which is I think somewhere around 150 in husband years, but whose
 counting?  This occasion has made me think back a bit and take a look at what I have for a life and how great it is, contrary to the haters beliefs.
I have been blessed with a great family, friends, animals, and some rather corky talents.  All of which I am greatly appreciative.  A quick thanks to those that I consider my support system, thanks for letting me do whatever the hell I want and get away with it. 
The Doc told me last week that I need to "slow down."  I looked him in the face and said, "thats not me, I cant live like that."  
Now sure 
I may limp alot, and have some pain, but I wouldnt have it any o
ther way.  Devin pushes me through the pain, and I couldnt ask for anything more.  Yes I may deserve the hellish fat foot/ankle that I have right now, but if I had a wife that babied me, I would probably go crazy and be fat too.  This marathon stuff however, is over in 42 days!  THANK GOD!
Last night someone called me an adult, I laughed at them.  Nah, I am a person that will forever retain the spirit of youth.  Yes I pay my bills, have a house as of next week.  I go to work everyday, I pay my taxes, and I drink coffee (I have drank coffee since I was born I think).  But I refuse to grow up, all of the previously mentioned responsibilities only allow me to be the kid that I am.  I work hard, so I can play harder.  
Anyway, I have rambled long enough.  so the first picture is from our first year of dating, what the hell was I thinking with that hair?  who knows, but she loved me no matter what, and Devster I love you more than anything, thanks for being you and letting me be me.  You are the most awesome wife ever, and thank the good lord for t
here being no charge for awesomeness, cause I would have to rob my moms bank to be able to afford you. (I could get away with it)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen nephew...Amen.

"Uncle" Scott

Chritabo11 said...

Pshaw Peter Pan Syndrome my ass!!! we just like to do cool stuff and have cool things!!!!