Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week one

 Uncle Zach and I finally talked the wife into letting us buy the above motorcycle for the grom.  He and I might be a bit overly excited about it, but its going to be awesome!

 So heres proof that she is mine.  I mean, sure she came a little bit later than the original due date, and I was gone during the "time" but with the picture above, no DNA test will be needed.

When dads shirt doubles as a blanket, life is good.

From one has been playing soccer for a few weeks now, and by play I mean run around and then bail off the field to find some shade.  We really don't care if she wants to play or not, but she just looks so damn cute in her uniform that its hard to not want to go.  For brief moments she likes to play, but there are two kids that are 5 that for some reason got put on her team which is in the 3 and 4 year old league and just run field on the other kids.  Its part of sports that I hate, and it makes me hate their parents.  They think its cool that their children are ball hogs.  I guess the skipped the principle of sharing in whatever world they were brought up in.

I did find it cool that I had a connection with her coach.  Small world.  He responded with "I knew there was a reason why I liked Hadley so much."





Picture day with the Hawks.  They were all so well behaved for the pictures.  Pretty awesome.
 We hit up the Aggie game versus Wake Forest.  Of course the grom was pumped that Uncle Zach was coming along, and she was so hopeful that she would run into her homie Big Blue.  When she saw him so was so ecstatic.  She just ran straight to him, anyway she could, she was going to get to him.  He is always so great with her.

 I am such a fan of college football.  However, when they start paying the players, I will no longer support it.  I can't believe that these guys that are treated like royalty, pretty much have everything they need on campus, school, food, housing, clothing, books, all paid for, yet need to get paid?  I just don't get it.  I think if they pay em, make em pay for school and books then.  Freaking entitled pansies.
 Went for a ride today.  I was going to ride from our house to the in-laws, but I guess my tubes had other plans.  I didn't sweat it too much. I found a plot of shade, made a call, and hung out.  A pair of roadies past me, but didn't bother asking if I needed help.  A guy in a subaru did stop and check on me, he was super cool and I thanked him for making sure I was good and that it meant a lot.  Its the small things folks.
Who doesn't love spandex?

No comments: