Friday, May 2, 2014

Principle

Here is a short story from yesterday.
Browsing my social media BS while one of my estimating programs reboots I stumble upon a video posted in a private page for a gym that I like to go to.  In this video taken early in the morning by one of the fellow gym goers, there is a lady who is visibly not all there, dancing and stepping in place.  The video taker said this continued for over 60 blocks.  The post was mocking her for her effort.  Needless to say I found this shit in poor taste and was taken back that it was posted on what is supposed to be a positive area.  I spoke up, let them know that I would be bummed if I was videoed without my knowledge and posted for everyone's entertainment and said this was in poor taste.  I sent a text to the gym owner saying I couldn't not say something.  He never text me back, just attacked me via social media.  The guy couldn't even text me back?!?  He then decided that he would passively post on his page that the world is full of overly sensitive people and that people shouldnt have to walk on egg shells.  Its a free country, blah blah blah............
Needless to say our friendship is no longer.  I will not have people in my life that find it ok to bag on the less fortunate.  I will always stand up for what I believe is right, always.  Im not saying that I will speak my mind, sometimes its good to stay quiet, but others its absolutely not. I want people in my life that put positivity into the world, not self righteous bigoted bullshit. 

Ill end with a quote from Thomas Jefferson
" In matters of style, swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock."

No comments: