Monday, October 20, 2014

I miss summer already

Here I am in Chula Vista for the 4th and final camp of the year and I am already missing the summer. I was just browsing through some of my photos on this computer and it just makes me happy with the things that we got to do before summers end and the arrival of G2.  But not one to dwell on the past and things that I can't change, I have really tried to help the wifester a bit more now that we have another gremlin.  By helping, I mean that I have been taking the grom with me a lot more.  She is like my little shadow and I absolutely love it.

This past weekend were local races right by the house and I asked if she wanted to go.  She did.  She rode and played with friends non stop.  She also raced, which was rad.  On her last race she came up to me and said, "daddy, Im going to go slow"  I laughed and said ok.  On another one of her laps one of the other kids knocked over a cone in the last corner, my daughter being her mothers child, stopped, got off her bike, and went over and picked it up.  So classic.

So like I said, Im here in Chula.  Working with Olympic hopefuls.  Seems to be a great group of riders this go around and we have some pretty awesome rider coaches helping.  I opted for my camera rather than bike today, and was happy about that.  I also did some personal testing and am happy where I am at with my fitness.



No comments: