Friday, October 4, 2013

shnazzy pants

Sometimes I catch myself doubting myself, actually I do that quite a bit.  Not sure why, just something that I, in my 30's still struggle not to do.  If it werent for the people in my life, Im not sure how my life would be going.  Having people that stand behind you and believe in you is the most amazing thing.  I always reflect on the past, and like the song says, "i wish I knew then what I know now".  Shit would have been much easier, and the ridiculous things that I thought were the end of the world would have been so easy.  But eh, cant live like that, live and learn.
So this past weekend I went to San Diego for a race.  We were trying to get the girls to come with me, but I was unaware that you had to book the companion ticket at the same time as my ticket.  I called Delta four different times trying to figure it out, but their loyalty to their customers sucks, and they wouldn't budge.  So I was able to book the girls a room in Park City at a pretty rad spot, the Sun Dial lodge.  Killer rooms, views, and they treat people right.  They had a good little girls night, and followed that up with a trip to the circus.  I am not a fan of the circus.  It makes me sad to see the animals like that, but I think the grom enjoyed it.  They both probably would have enjoyed it more, had the seats been better, but come on, 90 bucks for lower bowl tickets to the circus, nah.

San Diego was fun.  I got to see one of my lifetime friends race her last race, culminating an amazing career.  It was awesome to see the respect that she has in the sport, and how many fans she has. 
The GT team had a sponsored table at the BMX Hall of Fame.  This was a really cool event, where some heavy hitters were inducted to this go around.  GT always treats us right, and pretty much spoils us every where we go.  What an experience it has been being on this team.  Pretty damn lucky to be a part of if you ask me. 

Old man winter showed its ugly face today.  Not too sure how I feel about it.  But then again, changing of the seasons can bring good change.  I am a fan of hoodie weather though, so there is that.
 The grom just found her balance point on her bike. So rad!  I sit back and watch her and just love how much fun she has doing things, and enjoying first time experiences.  The wifester and I sat back and laughed that at 5 pm the grom is out riding bikes, and then at 6:15 pm she is in her pink tights at ballet.  I love this life. 

 
 Most people focus when they are about to race, me?  I find the camera and let it know not to take it too serious.
 The future of BMX racing and GT bicycles.  Sean Gaian and Felicia Stancil.  2013 world Champs.

 Some of my Team

 Stupid human tricks with the wifester.  I like her. Alot.

No comments: